The business supplies minimalist, feature rich themes dedicated to food and lifestyle bloggers and the brand has become a recognizable name amongst the community. Their high-quality, specialized themes include tools allowing customers more customization options than other comparable alternatives.
A well-known brand amongst Foodie bloggers with the reviews to back up its reputation, the website’s tagline is “Bake your cake from scratch, not your blog”. As such, the business offers its customers more than just themes, but also an array of “done-for-you” services to help the next blogger achieve success.
The sale includes the website, several additional TLD’s, social media accounts, existing customer data and mailing lists and the three themes. While small in number, these themes account for a considerable portion of the market share among the food and lifestyle blogging niche.
The owner is selling because she is ready to focus her efforts on a new venture but is excited to see where the new owner takes the business.
The company sells proprietary WordPress themes targeted to food and lifestyle bloggers and offers installation/design services as an extension of those themes. Approximately 85% of revenue is generated from 3 proprietary themes, the remaining 15% is derived from a suite of ancillary services including customization and installation.
Trained staff run the majority of the daily operations. The owner spends between 5-10 hours per week overseeing the business.
There are numerous strategic opportunities the new owner could pursue.
- Adding new features and Plugins to the current Themes: There have been many requests from previous customers to add advanced features and 9,000+ est. users from one theme alone would likely jump at the opportunity to purchase a plugin that extends their theme in some way. Some are currently being developed.
- Developing more Themes and catering to different niches.
- Adding new monetization methods like subscription based support services or annual memberships.